May 01, 2013

Sentences Ordering in Chronological Order



Knowledge is a source of light in your life. Darkness will fade as long as the light of your knowledge still burns out.
Photo taken by: You Ratanaksamrith 
The following exercise is what I am going to use as an exercise in my Practicum at the Institute of Foreign Languages.  I will be teaching Writing Skill (WS 102) to a group of freshmen at Department of English, class E.19 (Academic Year 2012-2013). This exercise is derived from my original article titled "A Kiss Mysterious", which is also posted in this blog.


                                                            
                                                              Exercise
 
Look at the following sentences for a paragraph titled “One night in Tokyo”. Number the sentences in chronological order.
One Night in Tokyo

A.    At that time, as I remember, it was around 11p.m, and there were not many people in the street.

B.     On one wonderful winter night, about five months ago, I encountered the most wonderful experience in my life.


C.     My friends and I were roaming a street of Tokyo. It was so cold outside, so we wore thick clothes so as to avoid catching a cold.

D.    After fifteen minutes, I arrive at a small house, where I met a young, beautiful, Japanese girl whose age was around 18 years old.


E.     We were walking chit-chatting happily when suddenly all of my friends disappeared.

F.      I was so shocked that I didn't know what to do besides running as fast as I possibly could.

G.    Then, she approached me and gave me a glass of water. I drank it happily because I was thirsty after running for a long distance.


H.    When seeing me, she smiled at me and said hello to me. She was very friendly.

I.       After drinking water, we were talking about this and that for the whole night, and finally we became friends

J.       The next morning, I decided to go say good bye to her and went back to the hotel. I told her I would see her again the following year.


Answer: 1. B, 2.C, 3. A, 4. E, 5. F, 6. D, 7. H, 8. G, 9. I, 10. J

No comments:

Post a Comment